Dieter Rams is the guy who designed lots of products for Braun in the 50s and 60s. Some of his timeless designs can still be admired at Moma. He once manifested the 10 principles for good design that is honest and simple:
1. Good design is innovative.
2. Good design makes a product useful.
3. Good design is aesthetic.
4. Good design helps us to understand a product.
5. Good design is unobtrusive.
6. Good design is honest.
7.Good design is durable.
8. Good design is consequent to the last detail.
9. Good design is concerned with the environment.
10. Good design is as little design as possible.
Anyway, the similarities of Apple products to former Braun products is beyond obvious. I still love my Mac… More comparisons/information here.